Labels

Thursday 16 August 2012

Finger food

I feel as though I have somewhat neglected my blogging duties over the last week or so but, I have many a tale to tell! This week I have had the boyfriend down and made an attempt to share some of the cultural delights of Plymouth whilst cramming in some work as well. The weather initially looked like it would ruin all our plans but, luckily the sun forced it's way through the clouds to shine gloriously down upon us!

We started on the Hoe (a classic for tourists) and strolled down the sea front to one of my newly acquired favourite restaurants, Maritimo. From the street you wouldn't even realise this gem exists, there is a coffee shack surrounded by a few metal tables... Like District 13 in The Hunger Games, the real hive of activity lies beneath. As you descend the stairs the essence of Spain comes seeping through every aspect of the restaurant, from the art on the walls to the wooden panelling and wicker chairs. Now, heed my advice, if it is a dry day (not necessarily sunny!) sit out on the terrace and you will fall in love with Plymouth all over again. Sitting with a glass of wine watching the boats sailing around the sound...perfect!

Of course the main factor for my complete adoration of this place is the tapas! There is a huge selection of bread, olives, fish, meat and vegetable dishes served with various dressings and sauces.

From left going clockwise: Sun-dried tomato salad with mozzarella pearls, fig and goats cheese parcels,  pan fried  scallops and chorizo,  deep fried white fish, spanish olives, crab cakes with salad, all served with garlic mayonnaise and olive oil and balsamic vinegar. 

Yummy olives...I don't even like olives!


Nothing can compete with that.

Now you see it..now you don't
Seriously this was the best meal I have had in a long time! Go and check it out! We went at lunchtime so there was no need to book however, I am not sure if you would need to in the evening either as they have plenty of tables. It is the perfect place for a date, catch up with friends or just an afternoon beverage with spectacular views. Here is the website if you want to check out some of the best tapas in Plymouth! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to need a visit down South to try some of these amazing tapas ;)

    ReplyDelete