Labels

Thursday 6 September 2012

Rule Britannia

As some of you know, I am fleeing the country for the year with the hope that I will have some stories to tell when I am old and frail AND to obviously improve all three of my languages! However, as I feel September 17th drawing nearer I find myself craving more of the English things in life.

Afternoon tea and scones with strawberry jam and thick Devonshire clotted cream


Stomping through the countryside in wellies

(Post stomp)

The seaside


British manners

Britain's flair for creativity




Cider




These are just a few of the things I will miss whilst I am in Italy and Spain but hopefully, I will be able to introduce a few of them to my lovely new flatmates and show them the ways of the British. After all, last time I met an Italian she left with 3 pots of Devon's finest clotted cream! So whilst I am here,


I will be whipping up a roast dinner with all the trimmings and thinking of home...although looking at it, it might not be as easy as I first imagined!!!

I do not own these photos they are all from google.  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment